Palm oil is one of the top three popular oil kinds in the world together with soybean oil and rapeseed oil. More and more palm oil plantations are now set up in Africa. It is a trend that palm oil mill will be mostly welcomed in near future.Through this article you can find out palm kernel oil refining process, palm oil refining process and so on.
Palm oil physical refining divided into three parts:
In the dry degumming, the crude palm oil is mixed with food grade acid to remove the free fatty acids.
Degummed oil is mixed with the soil that is a vacuum level, where it is dried and de-aerated. The bleaching earth absorbs the main particles of color bodies as well as metal contamination and oxidizing materials in the oil.
3. Distillation / Deodorization:
The bleached oil is first de-aerated and heated where any remaining air and volatile materials are removed.
The oil then enters the deodorizer section where the main body of free fatty acids and other volatile odor and taste substances are removed from the oil.
The oil leaving the deodorizer is cooled to storage temperature and then passed through one of two alternately working polishing filters.
The product obtained is refined bleached and deodorized oil (RBDO).
To a free flow fractionation process, the separation of the liquid phase from the solid phase is possible.
Palm oil physical refining
The advantages of palm oil physical refining:
(1) Less consumption of auxiliary materials, reducing the environmental pollution of wastewater. Distillation deacidification can directly get fatty acids. Do not use alkali, do not produce soap, oil do not have to wash. No longer need to use acid to acid soap feet, the preparation of fatty acids. To avoid the formation of sewage due to acid and alkali treatment.
(2) The process is simple, less equipment. Deodorization and deodorization are carried out in one process in the same equipment; the oil is not washed; the soap section is omitted, thus simplifying the process and low operating costs.
(3) High refining rate. There is no neutral saponification loss and emulsification loss. The higher the acid value, the more obvious the advantage. With physical refining, grease loss can be reduced to 1.05% ~ 1.1% or less.
(4) Product quality is good. The stability of the refined oil is better. The quality of the fatty acid (85%~90% free fatty acid) obtained after distillation is better than that of alkali refining and then acidified and distilled.